How to glaze?
How to make a chocolate glazing? Enric Monzonis, Chocovic technical advisor, shows how to do it in this step by step tutorial.
- Angular spatula
- Stainless steel frame
step by step
- Heat the glazing in the microwave oven until a temperature of 30ºC-35ºC is reached (depending on the type of glazing).
- Insert the blender carefully so no additional air is introduced in the glaze
- Mix at a moderate speed to avoid the introduction of air bubbles.
- Mix till the temperature is homogenous and air bubbles are reduced to the minimum size.
- Check again the temperature reached.
- Unmould just before glazing.
- Put it over the stainless steel frame and glaze. Make sure you cover all the surface of the piece.
- Remove carefully the excess of glazing with the aid of the spatula.
- Lift very carefully the cake and do smooth finishing on the bottom part of the cake.
- Respect the natural angle of the piece.
- Help you of 2 spatulas to place the piece for final presentation. Remove them very carefully.
How to make a chocolate glazing
How to make a chocolate glazing? Enric Monzonis, Chocovic technical advisor, shows how to do it in this step by step tutorial..
What is glazing
Glazing is to coat with chocolate cakes, mousses or other pastry preparations.
Possible problems and troubleshooting
Temperature, of both glaze and pastry piece is key to get a perfect final result. A too high temperature of the glaze can make a too thin chocolate layer. If the temperature of the piece is not the correct one, this will make a not brightness final result. Discover our technical advisor’s tips to avoid these issues.
Also to have in mind
Condensation can produce mate points in the glazing. A correct refrigeration can avoid it.